Indian run machine, Virat Kohli turns 28
Indian test skipper and the explosive batsman, Virat Kohli has turned 28 years old on Saturday. Since his arrival in international cricket, he has been one of the most consistent batters in international cricket. With his untamed aggression and wide range of shots, he has been almost unstoppable for any bowling line.
Here are five lesser known facts about the man.
1. Virat Kohli played a match on the day of his father’s death in his debut season of Ranji trophy in 2006 and scored 90 runs.
2. He has the nickname of Chikku.
3. Kohli has the fourth highest number of centuries with 26 tons and he is just 28 years old now. The three batsmen above him are Sachin Tendulkar, Ricky Ponting and Sanath Jayasuriya with 49, 30 and 28 centuries.
4. Kohli has scored 1000 ODI runs in three consecutive years, which is a big feat to achieve.
5. He is the fastest Indian to reach 1000, 3000, 4000 and 5000 ODI runs and he is also the fastest century scorer for India in 52 balls against Australia.
6. He is the first Indian to score a century on his world cup debut.
7. In 2014, Virat Kohli was the second most marketable athlete.