New Zealand v England — five match facts
Five match facts for Friday’s World Cup Pool A match between New Zealand and England at Westpac Stadium, Wellington (14:00 local/01:00 GMT):
– New Zealand have won their last four World Cup games against England, after losing the first three clashes.
– New Zealand have won nine of their last 11 ODIs at the Westpac Stadium, Wellington. England have lost on both of their visits, in 2002 and 2008.
– James Anderson (33) needs two wickets to pass Richard Hadlee (34) as the leading wicket-taker in ODIs between these teams.
– Brendon McCullum and Martin Guptill need to put on 70 runs to become the second pair after Nathan Astle and Stephen Fleming to score 2,000 ODI runs in partnership for New Zealand.
– Since the start of the 2007 World Cup James Anderson has bowled 152 balls to Brendon McCullum in ODIs, conceding 208 runs and tak