South Africa v West Indies – five match facts
SYDNEY: Five match facts for Friday’s World Cup Pool B game between South Africa and the West Indies at the Sydney Cricket Ground (14:30 local/03:30 GMT)
1. Since winning a semi-final at the 2006 ICC Champions Trophy, West Indies have lost 16 One Day Internationals out of 18 against South Africa, winning just once with one tie.
2. AB de Villiers has faced 29 balls from Jason Holder in ODIs and scored 62 runs without being dismissed, hitting five fours and six sixes.
3. De Villiers averages 66.1 in ODIs against West Indies, the highest average of any batsman against a team, minimum 1,000 runs scored.
4. De Villiers and Hashim Amla have batted together four times against West Indies, putting on an aggregate of 466 runs.
5. Chris Gayle (79%) has hit the highest percentage of runs in front of square since January 2014 in ODIs between Test-playing nations, minimum 200 balls faced- AFP