World Cup: New Zealand v Australia – five match facts
AUCKLAND: Five match facts for Saturday’s World Cup Pool A clash between New Zealand and Australia at Eden Park, Auckland.
– Australia have won 11 of their 16 one-day internationals against New Zealand at Eden Park, including four of the last five.
– Brendon McCullum needs 47 runs to become the fourth New Zealander to hit 1,000 ODI runs against Australia.
– New Zealand spinner Daniel Vettori needs two wickets to become the fourth player to take 50 wickets in ODIs between these teams.
– Vettori has conceded just two boundaries in the 152 balls he has delivered in the tournament so far. He has sent down 90 dot balls.
– Tim Southee has bowled 75 balls to Shane Watson in ODIs but never taken his wicket, conceding 75 runs in the process. (AFP)