LONDON: Australia all-rounder James Faulkner is returning to Lancashire for next year’s edition of English cricket’s Twenty20 Blast competition, the northwest county announced Tuesday.
Faulkner, 26 helped the Old Trafford club win the 2015 edition, when he was the joint leading wicket-taker in the tournament with 25 wickets in 13 matches and also scored 302 runs.
The 2015 season also saw Faulkner take 23 wickets in the County Championship and compile his maiden first-class hundred as Lancashire were promoted to the First Division of the four-day competition.
Faulkner, who took a one-day international hat-trick against Sri Lanka in August, is set to join up with Lancashire again in July 2017
“We’re thrilled to have James joining us again next summer. He’s a world-class cricketer, a true competitor and it’ll be great to have him back,” said Lancashire coach Ashley Giles in a club statement.
“He is a great guy to have in the dressing room and his experiences at international level will really benefit the squad,” the former England spinner added.
“He played an important role in our success throughout the competition last year and we look forward to welcoming him back to Emirates Old Trafford in 2017.”
Meanwhile Faulkner said: “I’m absolutely delighted to be returning to play for Lancashire Lightning in the NatWest T20 Blast next summer. I thoroughly enjoyed my time working with Ashley Giles, the coaches and the rest of the squad in 2015.
“Finals Day at Edgbaston was one of the best days of my career so hopefully we can replicate the success of 2015 next year. I was blown away by the support I received from the Lancashire fans and I’m really excited to be playing my cricket at Emirates Old Trafford in 2017.”