Karachi: The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) will be holding talks with the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) as they are closely looking at the situation created due to coronavirus outbreak before making a final decision on the last phase of their team’s tour of Pakistan.
Bangladesh have to play one-off ODI and a Test match next month in Karachi, the BCB media committee chairman Jalal Yunus told to Cricbuzz that the safety of the players come first and they will not take lightly at any cost.
“For us, players’ safety comes as the first priority and we are not going to compromise with it at any cost,” Jalal Yunus said.
Jalal further confirmed that they will talk to PCB in this regard but it is too early to make a final call.
“We will talk in this regard with PCB and if we see that there is any concern then certainly we will not send our team to Pakistan. But at the moment it is too early to make a final decision as we still have time on our hands,” he added.
It must be noted that five cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in Pakistan until now, two in Karachi.