– World number one Novak Djokovic continues the defence of his title against Australia’s Bernard Tomic.
He has not lost to an Australian player at Tour-level since 2006 and will hope to continue that streak against Tomic on Centre Court.
– Nick Kyrgios, who faces Milos Raonic for the second year in a row, and Tomic are two of the five Australian players through to the third round along with Casey Dellacqua, Sam Groth and Sam Stosur. This is the first time five Australians have reached the third round at Wimbledon since 1999, when Wayne Arthurs, Jelena Dokic, Lleyton Hewitt, Mark Philippoussis and Patrick Rafter reached this stage.
– US Open champion Marin Cilic will be hoping to continue his good fortune against American opposition when he takes on John Isner for a place in the last 16. The Croatian is on a 24-match winning streak against Americans, having not lost to an American player in over seven years -– when he fell to James Blake at the 2008 Australian Open.
– Neither Santiago Giraldo nor Denis Kudla has reached the round of 16 before at a major so the winner of their third round clash will achieve their own Grand Slam milestone. Giraldo is also looking to become the first Colombian man in history to reach the last 16 at Wimbledon.
– David Goffin and Marcos Baghdatis are also looking to achieve landmark wins. A win for Goffin in their match would see him become only the fourth Belgian man in the Open Era to reach the round of 16 at Wimbledon, while Baghdatis is seeking his 300th Tour-level match-win and a place in the last 16 for the first time since 2008.