Karachi: The Board of Governors of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) today gave go-ahead for the registration of clubs across Pakistan.
The 61st meeting of PCB’s BoG took place on Saturday at a local hotel in Karachi. PCB Chairman Ehsan Mani alongside CEO PCB Wasim Khan revealed that they gave a detailed update to the BoG on international matters, domestic and international media rights and the status of agreements with various grounds.
Wasim briefed BoG on cricket-related matters, including the national teams’ performances, High-Performance events, and the Pakistan Super League (PSL) season six.
The registration of cricket clubs will commence next month, with further details to be shared in due course. However, when the registration process opens, only club Presidents will be able to register the cricket club and all details will be shared with the First Board for further verification and scrutiny.
The clubs which participated in either 2017-18 or 2018-19 Fazal Mehmood club tournaments and fulfil the requisite criteria outlined in the bylaws approved by the BoG, will be awarded voting rights.
But clubs that did not participate in any of the two tournaments or do not meet the requisite criteria, will get the voting rights after the second scrutiny. All clubs will have playing rights.
On the other hand, the BoG also approved First Boards of the six Cricket Associations for a one-year term.
The First Boards during this period will carry out functions attributed to the management committees in the Model Constitutions for City Cricket and Cricket Associations, including managing and running day to day affairs, supervising the first registration of Cricket Clubs under each CCA as per applicable regulations/bylaws and monitoring and organising cricket events and activities within its jurisdiction.
PCB firmly believes that these high-quality individuals in each of the First Board will play an integral role in smooth transition into the elected Cricket Associations.
- Balochistan Cricket Association – Qaiser Khan Jamali (Chairman), Irfan Ahmad Awan, Munawar Khan Tareen, Murad Ismail, Nargis Hameedullah, Shah Dost, Syed Farid-ud-din and Zafarullah Jadgal (all members)
- Central Punjab Cricket Association – Abdullah Khan Sumbal (Chairman), Ali Ahmad Khan, Amir Ilyas Butt, Arshad Ahmad Khan, Atif Naeem Rana, Babar Altaf Butt, Shahrez Abdullah Khan, Muhammad Umer and Sarfraz Ahmad Bajwa (all members)
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Cricket Association – Anwar Zeb Jan (Chairman), Aamir Nawab, Abdul Jaleel Khan, Fayyaz Ali Shah, Haris Bilal Afridi, Ikhlaq Ahmed Khan, Kabir Ahmed Khan, Muhammad Javed Afridi, Rozamin Khan and Shahid Khan Shinwari (all members)
- Northern Cricket Association – Saleem Asghar Mian (Chairman), Abdus Sami, Asif Faridi, Mohammad Ayaz Butt, Nadeem Ahmed Abbasi, Col (retd) Naushad Ali, Raja M. Zia Ashraf and Tanveer Ahmed (all members)
- Sindh Cricket Association – Imran Hussain (Chairman), Abdul Raqeeb, Aftab Baloch, Agha Jawaid Ahmed, Hadeel Obaid, Jamil A.Mughal, Lt Gen (retd) Javed Zia and Syed Farooq Hussain Shah (all members)
- Southern Punjab Cricket Association – Muhammad Anees Khawaja (chairman), Ali Khan Tareen, Hassan Hussein Qureshi, Khalid Farooq, Shahid Ahmed Butt and Taimur Altaf Malik (all members)
Meanwhile, the PCB will help the First Boards to organise City Cricket Association tournaments from May end for both the senior and U19 players, which will help in team selections for the 2021-22 domestic season. Further details will be announced in due course.