Veteran all-rounder Mohammad Hafeez has declared all the news regarding his retirement from International cricket ‘fake’ as he is hopeful to make a strong comeback in the National side soon.
Hafeez told the media that he still keeps the potential to play more for Pakistan and a couple of flaws will not led him down.
“It’s a part of the game, sometimes you perform and sometimes not but it doesn’t mean that my career is over,” Hafeez stated.
Experienced Hafeez said that he respects the decision of selection committee and don’t want to raise any further controversies over this issue.
“I am satisfied with management’s decision and will work hard to prove myself,” he said.
The 37-years-old, Hafeez was quick to add that he will participate in ongoing Quaid-e-Azam trophy to perform well to pull the attraction of selectors.
“I will keep on playing domestic cricket and whenever the team management asks me i will represent Pakistan,”
It is really important to mention here that the Former skipper wrote a letter to the newly elected chairman of Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Ehsan Mani regarding his concerns.
On Tuesday, chief selector Inzamam-ul-Haq in a press conference announced a 16-member squad for the upcoming Asia Cup tournament in which senior player Mohammad Hafeez was replaced by the uncapped batsman Shan Masood.
Hafeez was suffering through a tough time throughout the year, recently the right-hand batsman was demoted from A category to B in the central contract announced by the Pakistan Cricket Board for 2018-2019.
Earlier, Hafeez was reported for a suspect bowling action by ICC during the third one-day international against Sri Lanka which was later resumed after the multiple tests. That was the third time that his action had been reported as suspect.
Hafeez represented Pakistan in 50 Tests, 200 One-day International and 83 Twenty20 International matches since making debut for the national side in 2003.