Star Pakistan all-rounder Mohammad Hafeez said he was delighted on passing his bowling action test, and hoped to contribute more as an all-rounder if got a chance in the national team.
The 36-year-old was given a go-ahead to bowl in international matches after the International Cricket Council found his bowling action test conducted in Brisbane on November 17 to be within limits.
All bowlers are allowed 15 degree flexibility of the arm, beyond which the action is deemed illegal.
Hafeez’s career was derailed after he was banned for 12 months following second report on his bowling action in June last year. That was the second time his action was reported as illegal, after being reported for the first time in November 2014.
“I am thankful to the Almighty,” Hafeez told ARY News. “I was missing my bowling at international level and now whenever I get a chance to play I will be able to contribute as an all-rounder.”
Hafeez said it was a wrong impression that bowling action clearance will revive his career.
“I have contributed as batsman as well and people tend to forget that I am the most successful Pakistan batsman in all three formats especially in Tests for the last two years so bowling action clearance will not revive my career,” said Hafeez who lost his position in the Test side during the England series in August this year.
He managed just 102 runs in six innings and was also dropped from all three formats during the West Indies series in UAE in September-October.
“I think that difficult period is now over and I will be able to concentrate more. I am confident that I will be able to regain my position in the team,” said Hafeez who managed just three fifties in the ongoing Quaid-e-Azam Trophy.
The national selectors were compelled to retain the same squad for the Australia tour which lost 2-0 to New Zealand.