British professional boxer Amir Khan, who was born in Bolton, has had countless moments in his professional boxing career that has earned him loads of supporters around the world. His family originally belongs from city of Pakistan Rawalpindi and Khan has visited various cities of Pakistan whenever he is on a tour.
Today this energetic boxer turns 29 which is why it is a perfect time to looks back at some of relatively unknown facts about the two time former World Champion.
1) Khan’s first professional fight was against David Bailey, who he won, at his home town in Bolton on 16 July 2005.
2) He completed a Sports Development diploma before turning pro in a local college in Bolton.
3) Amir Khan’s younger brother Haroon is also a professional boxer.
4) Although Khan was born in Bolton but he, along with English, is fluent in Urdu and Punjabi as well.
5) He is skilled at raising funds for noble causes and is frequently seen at charity events all around the world.