Melbourne Stars re-sign Dilbar Hussain for BBL 10

0
1611

Karachi: Melbourne Stars have completed the signing of Pakistani pacer Dilbar Hussain for the upcoming Big Bash League (BBL) season 10.

The 27-year-old is returning to the Stars for this season after his debut late last season. He has been re-signed as the Stars’ third overseas player and is available for the entire tournament after Haris Rauf was ruled out due to international duty.

Hussain is currently completing the mandatory 14-day quarantine in Western Australia and will be available for the Stars’ first match on December 11 in Canberra.

“I’m very happy to be coming back to the Melbourne Stars for the Big Bash. In the short time I was with the club last season I learnt so much. I’d like to thank David Hussey who was incredibly supportive and encouraged me to keep working on my craft.” Hussain said.

Hussain took 14 wickets during the recent PSL tournament including Alex Hales. Stars Head Coach David Hussey said Hussain brings a unique benefit to the bowling lineup.

“I’m looking forward to working with Dilbar again this season and supporting his development together with our wider bowling group. His Stars debut was a whirlwind last year – it was his first senior T20 match and he effectively came down to Melbourne at very short notice and ended up bowling to AB de Villiers at the MCG,” Hussey said.

“He’s a genuine 140km/hr bowler with a good yorker and an incredible slower ball. With another year of experience and his time in the PSL, we’re keen to see what Dilbar brings to the table for us this year. The fact that not many players have faced him before can be a real advantage for us,” Hussey added.

Read: ‘We’ll miss him’ Melbourne Stars confirm Haris Rauf unavailable for BBL 10

Comments

comments