KARACHI: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on Tuesday announced the schedule of the Domestic Cricket Calendar for the 2018-19 Cricket season.
The leading tournament of first-class cricket, Quaid-e-Azam trophy will take place from September 1 to December 8 alongside the Quaid-e-Azam one-day tournament.
The Regional Inter-District Senior (3-day), Inter Region U-19 (One-day and 3-day), Pentangular U-19 T-20 Cup, Regional Inter District U-19 (One-day), Quaid-e-Azam Trophy Grade II, National T-20 Cup, Pakistan Cup (One-Day), and Patron’s Trophy Grade II are also the part of next years’ domestic cricket season.
The Pakistan Cricket Board has also increased the winning prize money of the domestic tournaments and match fees of the players as well.
Following are some of the salient features introduced in the forthcoming cricket season 2018/19.
1. Match fees of players participating in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy 2018/19 have been increased from Rs.25,000/- to Rs.50,000/- per match
2. Match fees of players participating in the One-day tournament 2018/19 have been increased from Rs.20,000/- to Rs.25,000/- per match.
3. Match fees of players participating in the T20 tournament 2018/19 have been increased from Rs.24,000/- to Rs.30,000/- per match
4. Match fees of players participating in the Pakistan Cup One Day tournament 2018/19 have been increased from Rs.30,000/- to Rs.35,000/- per match
5. Prize money of Quaid-e-Azam Trophy 2018/19 has been increased from Rs. 4,400,000/- to Rs.5,400,000/-
6. Prize money of T20 Tournament 2018/19 has been increased from Rs. 4,900,000/- to Rs.5,700,000/-
7. Prize money of Regional Inter District U-19 Tournament 2018/19 has been increased from Rs. 150,000/- to Rs.250,000/-
8. Prize money of Regional Inter-District Senior Tournament 2018/19 has been increased from Rs. 150,000/- to Rs.250,000/-
9. Under the new financial package, a domestic player in the playing XI will now get Rs.91,000/- for one QAT first-class match and One day match (Combined including Daily Allowance)
10. Remaining 4 players of the 15 members regional squad sitting on the bench will also get Rs. 34,750/- under new arrangements of this financial model for one Quaid-e-Azam Trophy and One day match (Combined including Daily Allowance)