Lahore: High-ups in the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) held a meeting with players to discuss possibilities for their upcoming England tour.
Four-member delegation lead by CEO Wasim Khan and included Director International Cricket Zakir Khan, Dr. Sohail Saleem and Head Coach-cum-Chief Selector Misbah-ul-Haq briefed players about the latest discussion with England and Wales Cricket Board (PCB) for the upcoming tour.
In a teleconference on Wednesday, CEO Khan assured that PCB will not compromise on players’ health and safety. He further said that the players will have to compromise with remaining under strict bio-secure environment for up to three months as cricket bodies making efforts for the safe return to the cricket field.
Meanwhile, Khan also told players about the option to withdraw from England tour if it goes on as per planning.
“Players will be given an option to withdraw if they are still not satisfied with the provisions that will be put in place; full details will be provided in the coming weeks,” says Wasim Khan.
On the other hand, PCB is planning to resume training for players before England tour in June. Misbah, Waqar, and Dr. Sohail will devise a training schedule in line with strict health and safety guidelines.
The board will also make sure to provide profound bio-secure cover for the players in Lahore before flying them to England.
It must be noted here that the ECB had convinced PCB after positive talks over biosecurity arrangements during the tour. ECB proposed to start the series with the first Test from August 5 instead of July 30.
A squad of 25 players, both for Tests and T20Is, will arrive in England via chartered plan earlier in July, and players will remain in quarantine for 14 days before going out for training.