Karachi: National Stadium can now host 50 percent of the crowd for remaining matches of Pakistan Super League (PSL), the Pakistan Cricket Board announced today.
The official announcement came after the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) yesterday allowed PCB to host 50 percent crowd, however, the decision on increased crowds for Lahore-leg matches will be made in due course.
The online ticket sales for the remaining Karachi-leg matches will start from Thursday (today) at 10 pm on the e-ticketing platform ‘Bookme.pk’ while the fans can also book tickets via Bookme helpline (03137786888).
PCB Chief Executive Wasim Khan: “We are most grateful to the NCOC for allowing the PCB to allow up to 50 percent of spectators for all remaining preliminary round matches and up to 100% spectators for the play-offs and final.
“As a starting point, we have decided to immediately increase crowd attendances for all Karachi-leg matches to 50 percent. However, we will continue to assess how the crowds follow and implement the SOPs before we make a decision on crowd attendances for the Lahore-leg matches.
“For the Lahore-leg matches, at this stage 20 percent tickets per match day are available for sale. Additional tickets will be made available as and when we decide to increase the capacity, in line with the NCOC approval.
“As Chief Executive of the game’s governing body in Pakistan, it is my responsibility to urge and request all spectators attending the Karachi and Lahore-leg matches to come to the venues wearing masks, maintaining social distancing at all times and regularly using hand santisers. This is not only for their personal health and wellbeing, but also for those other spectators around them. Come and watch, but stay safe and keep others safe.”
SOPs for spectators (as approved by the NCOC):
Code of Conduct
- Wear a face covering before entering through the turnstiles, and continue to wear your face covering while seated in the stands. No mask, No entry
- Ensure you are aware of the gate of entrance in advance by asking members of the management team/security staff positioned at the main gates of the stadium
- Spectators must not attend if they experience any Covid-19 symptoms, are feeling unwell, or if they have been in close contact recently with anyone experiencing symptoms or who has tested positive
- If you develop symptoms while at the stadium, please notify the nearest member of management staff immediately. Rights of admission will be reserved by PCB
- At all times and in all parts of the ground, please observe social distancing and avoid close contact with others who are not in your support bubble
- You must remain in your seat at all times unless you have to use rest rooms or exit the stadium. In such cases, seek guidance from the ushers and security guards available in each stand
- When passing in the rows, please turn your backs if you must brush past other spectators, thereby avoiding face-to-face contact
- Maintain good hand hygiene – use the sanitizers provided and use toilet facilities where possible to wash your hands
- Please observe respiratory etiquette – always cover your mouth if needing to cough or sneeze
- Hand hygiene through handwashing with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Use of hand gel with high percentages of alcohol (70%) or other appropriate product is an alternative
- Sneezing and coughing into tissues or the crook of one’s elbow – disposal and cleaning hands afterwards
- Avoid touching face and nose
- Spitting is banned within the stadium
- Medical masks must be worn by everyone while in the stadium. Enough medical masks has been secured for the crowd to ensure risk free environment for everyone in the stadium