Islamabad: Prime Minister Imran Khan directed the Pakistan Sports Board (PSB) and Ministry of Inter-Provincial Coordination (IPC) to make a new sports map for the country.
In a meeting with Federal Minister for IPC Fehmeeda Mirza and senior officials from PSB, PM Khan was briefed on current development in the sports sector.
Following topics remained top of the discussion:
- PM Khan was told that the PSB worked for the promotion of sports in the country for the last two years, brought transparency, and merit level increased during this period.
- PSB representatives briefed PM Khan about its nelwy formed excutive committee.
- Briefing on Sports Complex in different centers including Islamabad was also given to the PM.
- PSB’s audit was also discussed during the meeting.
- PM Khan was also briefed on a decrease in expenses of board during last two years.
- PSB officials told PM Khan that a lot of players were given financial assistance following their achievements.
PM Imran Khan
“Pakistan has a lot of potential in sports and we are looking forward to planning different opportunities for youngsters. Through a new sports map, we will create more and more opportunities for youngsters,” PM Khan said.