Shaun Marsh suffers food poisoning during IPL

0
95

Australian batsman, Shaun Marsh got hospitalized earlier on Monday due to food poisoning, before his first match for the Kings XI Punjab in the 9th edition of the Indian Premier League.

Shaun Marsh will miss the contest against the new franchise, Gujarat Lions on Monday night due to the overnight illness. He trained with the team Sunday, but, he got ill later on the night.

The management of Kings XI Punjab has stated that there is no major concern with Shaun Marsh and he is hospitalized just as a precautionary measure.

Earlier this week, another Aussie allrounder Marcus Stoinis and South African pacer Kyle Abbott also suffered food poisoning, but, recovered well to be available for selection in Mohali.

It is not the first time that foreign players have suffered food poisoning in India. In August 2015, when South Africa A and Australia A toured India, ten of South African players including Quinton De Kock, were hit by food poisoning and were admitted in the hospital.

It was so severe that India A had to replace South Africa A in the clash against Australia A because more than half of Proteas A squad was admitted in the hospital.

Please follow and like us:
20

Comments

comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your name here
Please enter your comment!