Karachi: The International Cricket Council (ICC) has launched the next phase of the 100% Cricket campaign, starting with a mentorship programme for all female future leaders in Cricket.
The programme is part of their long-term commitment to accelerate the growth of women’s cricket and women in cricket.
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB)’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Wasim Khan and former women’s team captain Sana Mir have joined the programme as mentors. Sana expressed her joy on Twitter and is keen to more learnings and sharings.
It is an absolute pleasure and honour to be included in @ICC's pilot female future leaders program with the greats like @belindaclark134. Looking forward to more learnings and sharings. https://t.co/K9DmfQVYXi
— Sana Mir ثناء میر (@mir_sana05) April 19, 2021
“Under the umbrella of 100% Cricket, 100% Cricket – Future Leaders Programme is designed to support emerging female talent in cricket across administration, coaching and officiating, broadcast, and journalism as well as marketing, digital and technology and events,” ICC said in a media release.
“The programme is designed to address the low percentage of women in leadership positions in global cricket and build a pipeline of new female leaders in cricket,” it added.
Commenting on the programme Greg Barclay, Chairman ICC said: “Cricket is a genuinely inclusive sport for all, but that is not widely reflected in how our game is led globally so it gives me great pleasure to launch the Future Leaders Programme.
“This is a practical approach towards solving the underrepresentation of women in leadership positions in our sport to enable us to build a strong pipeline of future female leaders and ultimately inspire more women to take up roles in cricket.
“The response from the global cricket community has been fantastic as you can see from the mentors who have enthusiastically committed to bring their knowledge and expertise to the programme and I am personally looking forward to being part of it.”
The programme will last for a period of 6 months, and include a kick-off workshop with Australia’s Belinda Clark, followed by monthly check-ins and a 3-month review with the mentees and mentors agreeing the frequency and method of communication.
LIST OF CONFIRMED MENTORS FOR BATCH 1
- Greg Barclay, Chair, ICC
- Wasim Khan, CEO, PCB
- Andrea Nelson, CEO, ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup, New Zealand
- Steve Elworthy, Managing Director – Events & Special Projects, ECB
- Michelle Enright, Acting CEO, ICC T20 World Cup Australia
- Hilton Moreeng, Coach – South Africa Women’s Team
- Claire Polosak, Match Official / Umpire
- Sana Mir, Former Captain of Pakistan’s Women’s Team
- Divya Gokulnath, Co-Founder BYJU’s
- Anthony Everard, Exec GM, Fan Engagement, Cricket Australia
- Sharda Ugra, Sports Journalist
- Ian Bishop, Leading Broadcaster, Former West Indies Fast Bowler
- Dhiraj Malhotra, GM Cricket Operations and Game Development, BCCI
- Christina Matthews, CEO WACA
- Gemma Davies, Operations Director, Engage Digital Partners