Windies’ Samuels hauled up again for suspect action

0
63
Shukriya Pakistan

West Indies all-rounder Marlon Samuels has been reported for a suspect bowling action for the third time in his career, the International Cricket Council (ICC) said Monday.

Samuels, 34, who was reported previously in 2008 and 2013, was hauled up this time during the first Test against Sri Lanka in Galle, the governing body said in a statement.

The off-spinner is required to undergo testing within 14 days, but is allowed to bowl in international cricket until the test results are declared.

Samuels bowled 27 overs in Sri Lanka’s only innings in Galle and picked up the wicket of Dimuth Karunaratne. The hosts won the Test by an innings and six runs.

The second and final Test starts in Colombo on Thursday, followed by three one-dayers and two Twenty20 matches.

Samuels, who made his debut in 2000, was first reported after the third Test against South Africa in Durban in 2008. He was permitted to bowl again in 2011 after undergoing remedial work on his action.

Samuels was once again reported during the second Test against India in Mumbai in 2013 and was banned from bowling the quicker delivery, although his off-breaks were found to be within the law.

Samuels has taken 41 wickets in 60 Tests and 85 wickets in 174 one-day internationals. He also has 19 wickets from 38 Twenty20 games.

Comments

comments