PERTH: Five match facts for Saturday’s World Cup Pool B game between India and the United Arab Emirates at the WACA, Perth.
– India have won both previous one-day internationals between these teams — Asia Cup matches in 1994 and 2004 – they batted first on both occasions.
– Shaiman Anwar hit the first World Cup century by a United Arab Emirates batsman in his team’s narrow defeat against Ireland. It was only the second ODI century in any competition by a UAE batsman.
– India opener Shikhar Dhawan has hit 573 runs at an average of 95.5 in his seven innings in ICC tournaments –- he hit 363 at the 2013 Champions Trophy and has 210 in this event.
– India’s last five ODIs at Perth have been won by the team that batted second.
– The UAE has two Indian-born players in their team, all-rounder Krishna Chandran and wicket-keeper Swapnil Patil. (AFP)