NAPIER: Five match facts for Wednesday’s World Cup Pool B match between Pakistan and the UAE at McLean Park in Napier on Wednesday.
– Both previous one-day internationals between these teams ended in nine-wicket victories for Pakistan (in 1994 and at the 1996 World Cup).
– Misbah-ul-Haq has 40 scores of 50+ in ODIs, but no centuries. The next highest number of half-centuries without a ton is 25 by New Zealand’s Andrew Jones.
– Against Zimbabwe last time out, Misbah became the first player to score two World Cup half-centuries at the age of 40 or more.
– Misbah needs 72 runs to become the 12th player to score 5,000 ODI runs for Pakistan.
– UAE seamer Manjula Guruge (74.4%) has the highest dot ball percentage of any bowler in the tournament -– 58 of his 78 deliveries have not been scored off. (AFP)