NELSON: Five match facts for Thursday’s World Cup Pool B match between Zimbabwe and United Arab Emirates at Nelson’s Saxton.
– These teams have never before met in one-day internationals. United Arab Emirates have lost all 10 of their previous ODIs against Test-playing nations.
– UAE’s Khurram Khan’s ODI average of 53.4 is the fourth highest of anyone playing at least 10 innings.
– In November 2014, Khurram became the oldest player to hit a one-day international century, at 43 years and 162 days, against Afghanistan at the Dubai ICC Academy.
– Zimbabwe skipper Elton Chigumbura has taken two wickets in his last 14 ODI innings, at an average of 139.5 and strike rate of 147.
– Khurram and UAE skipper Mohammed Tauqir are both 43 and the oldest players in the tournament- AFP